Safeguarding Adults Shropshire

If you suspect that an adult is being abused, neglected or exploited, you should report your concerns to the Adult Protection Gateway Service at your local Health and Social Care Trust or the police

If someone is injured or in immediate danger: Telephone: 999

If there is no emergency but you think a crime may have been committed:

Telephone: West Mercia Police 101

You can also email the police to inform them of concerns and start a conversation with them at 

You can also contact other organisations that provide support and advice for vulnerable adults, such as Age UK,  Mind, or Samaritans.

You should not ignore or dismiss any signs of abuse, neglect and
exploitation, as they may have serious and lasting consequences for the adult’s
health, wellbeing, and safety.

You should not confront the person causing the harm, as this may put you or
the adult at risk of further harm.

You should not promise to keep the adult’s situation a secret, as this may
prevent them from getting the help they need. You should explain to the
adult that you are concerned about them and that you want to help them by
contacting the appropriate authorities or services.